2021 Undergraduate Scholarship Contest Winner
Our team at StangerLaw LLC would like to congratulate the winner of our scholarship contest: Dana Marie Danso!
Watch her video below:
When you get your driver’s license, a new world of freedom opens up to you. Suddenly, you can drive to meet your friends at the park, visit your favorite drive-through restaurant, and take yourself to school.
With this newfound freedom comes more risk and responsibility, though. Teenagers are four times more likely than adults to get into a car crash; one of the most common causes of these crashes is distracted driving.
Distracted driving is any activity that takes the driver’s attention away from the road. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration deems texting and driving the most alarming distracted driving activity. Other causes of distracted driving are eating or drinking, changing the radio station, and setting a navigation system.
Thankfully, there are steps that you can take as a new driver to increase your safety on the road. We encourage you to research safe driving habits and implement some of these practices in your own driving. One college-bound, trade school-bound, or currently enrolled student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for sharing their driving safety research and reflection.
At StangerLaw LLC, our West Hartford, Connecticut auto accident lawyers want to promote safe driving habits in our community. We created this scholarship to help meet that goal by encouraging young drivers to be aware of the dangers of driving a car.
To apply for this scholarship, students must submit a video essay addressing the following three-part prompt:
- What driving habit could you change to make yourself a safer driver?
- Describe why you think it poses a risk and the steps you and others can take to change that habit.
- What challenges are there for commercial drivers—like trucks and delivery vehicles—that you think pose a specific risk, and how would you address them?
One winning student will receive a $1,000 scholarship to put toward their college tuition costs.
To be eligible to receive the $1,000 scholarship, students must:
- Answer all three parts of the prompt in their video essay;
- Be EITHER a high school senior graduating summer 2022 accepted to a college or university for the fall 2022 semester; OR a student currently enrolled in a college or university for the start of the fall 2022 semester.
Deadline and Winner Announcement
- You must submit your scholarship application no later than July 16,2022.
- The attorneys at StangerLaw LLC will announce the winner no later than July 31, 2022.
How to Apply
Submit your scholarship application by clicking the button below and filling out the form with the following required information:
- Contact Information
- Transcript or proof of enrollment
- Video Essay file
NOTE: The maximum video size that you can upload is 10 MB. Any videos larger than 10 MB will need to be compressed. You can use a free video compression tool like Clideo to reduce the size of your file before you submit your video essay.
We look forward to reviewing your submissions!
Disclaimer: Contest entry does not guarantee an award. Information gathered for scholarship entries will not be used for other purposes or sold. The winner will be chosen at the sole discretion of StangerLaw LLC. Entering this video essay contest constitutes agreement to having your name along with your video essay published on StangerLaw LLC’s website if you are chosen as the winner.