Did Your Attorney Screw Up?
Lawyers have a duty to represent their clients in a competent manner and to provide competent representation.
If you hired an attorney who failed to represent your interests or who made a serious mistake in your case, you may be able to file a legal malpractice claim.
Call Us as soon as possible about filing a lawsuit.
7 Most Common Lawyer Screwups
Examples of Legal Malpractice in Connecticut
The following are some examples of negligence and mistakes made by attorneys that could result in successful legal malpractice lawsuits:
- Missing deadlines or failing to file case materials on time;
- Failing to appear for a hearing;
- Failing to communicate with the client;
- Procrastinating on a client’s case;
- Inadequately investigating a case;
- Committing a conflict of interest;
- Giving the client poor advice;
- Engaging in sexual misconduct;
- Committing fraud;
- Making a clerical error;
- Losing files or documents in a client’s case;
- Improperly delegating work in a client’s case to another employee or to someone outside the firm;
- Stealing money from the client or otherwise breaching a fiduciary duty;
- Negligently negotiating a contract or settlement agreement;
- Negligently drafting a contract or settlement agreement;
- Agreeing to a settlement offer without speaking to the client; and
- Failing to keep the client’s best interests in mind.
Contact A Connecticut Legal Malpractice Lawyer to Learn More About Filing Your Claim
We have focused our practice on helping those who have been harmed by attorney misconduct. Let us help you. We can answer your questions, help you determine if you have a legal malpractice claim, and advise you on your options.
Contact us today to get the justice and compensation you deserve.