This application is for organizations that have already incorporated and received recognition as a 501(c)(3) organization from the IRS. If you are an organization seeking to incorporate and/or apply for 501(c)(3) status, please use the New Organization Application for Legal Services.

Please answer all questions and submit all documentation.

An incomplete application will not be considered.

Submitting a request for legal assistance to StangerLaw LLC is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Basic Documentation

Gather the documentation listed below.

Submit it, all at once, by emailing it to

If there are any issues with the form (accessed by clicking the “Submit” button at the bottom of this page), please contact so that an alternate method of delivery can be arranged.

All documents must be in Word or PDF form – each item should be a separate document. See additional notes below:

  1. Please do not submit jpeg documents.
  2. Please do not scan all of the requested documents as one PDF; rather please submit each of the requested documents as a separate document.
    1. Certificate of Incorporation (sometimes referred to as Articles of Incorporation) and any amendments to it. If you have the copy that is stamped “Filed” with the state of incorporation, please send that version.
    2. IRS tax-exempt determination letter
    3. List of board members and officers, including their titles and affiliations(that is, the names of their employers) and city and state of residence
    4. Bylaws in Word format
    5. Last Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N filed with the IRS
    6. Form 1023 (Application for 501(c)(3) tax exemption filed with IRS)
    7. Budget
    8. Any other organizational information that might be helpful to us (brochures, annual reports, program description, etc.)
    9. Copy of any document for which you are requesting specific assistance.
    10. If you can’t locate some of these documents, please submit the completed form with all of the documents you currently have and provide a list of the documents you don’t have.