Was Your Property Tax Assessment Too High? Our Connecticut Property Tax Appeal Attorneys Can Help.
At StangerLaw LLC, our Connecticut property tax appeal lawyers have the skills and experience needed to protect your legal rights and financial interests.
If you believe that your property tax assessment was unfair or incorrect, you should appeal.
To set up a strictly confidential initial consultation with our West Hartford, CT property tax appeal attorneys or Middletown, CT property tax appeal attorneys, please contact our law firm online or call (860) 561-0651 today.
How to Appeal a Property Tax Assessment in Connecticut
Appealing a property tax assessment in Connecticut can be a complicated process. That being said, you can and should take action to challenge an unfair or inaccurate assessment.
Our West Hartford, CT tax appeal attorneys and Middletown, CT property tax appeal attorneys will offer guidance on the specific steps that you must follow.
While property tax assessments are generally done at the local level, the appeals process is also governed by Connecticut state law (Connecticut General Statutes Chapter 203).
To prevail in a property tax appeal in Connecticut, a plaintiff generally needs to establish one of the following things:
- The property has been overassessed/overvalued for tax assessment purposes;
- The appraisal method was inappropriate for the particular piece of property and/or the appraiser used the incorrect statutory formula to value property; or
- The town had no authority to tax the subject property.
In such cases, a finding would be good cause to demonstrate that your property taxes are unjustly high and/or improper.
All Connecticut property owners should know that you have a limited amount of time to file a property tax appeal. If you believe that assessed taxes are too high and/or that you have been improperly taxed, you should reach out to an experienced property tax appeal lawyer as soon as possible.
Why Hire Our Connecticut Property Tax Appeal Lawyers
If you are considering bringing a property tax appeal in Connecticut, it is imperative that you have a qualified professional on your side. Property tax appeals are complex legal matters.
At StangerLaw LLC, we are prepared to help you put together a strong, well-supported claim.
Among other things, our dedicated West Hartford, CT property tax appeal attorneys and Middletown, CT property tax appeal attorneys will:
- Conduct a comprehensive, confidential review of your property tax assessment;
- Develop a plan to challenge the inaccurate, unfair, or inappropriate assessment;
- Work directly with Connecticut tax experts and experienced appraisers to obtain evidence;
- Build a strong, compelling legal case on your behalf; and
- Represent you in official hearings, including before your town’s board of assessment appeals and, if necessary, in Superior Court.
Our law firm handles the full range of property tax appeals. We represent homeowners, business owners, and landlords all across the state of Connecticut. No matter the circumstances of your case, we are here to offer actionable legal guidance.
Contact Our Connecticut Property Tax Appeal Attorneys Right Away
At StangerLaw LLC, our experienced Connecticut real estate attorneys have extensive experience representing clients in property tax appeals. If you are preparing to appeal property taxes in Connecticut, we are ready to help. To schedule a fully confidential, no-obligation initial consultation, please contact our legal team right away.
With offices in West Hartford, Middletown, and Simsbury, we represent property owners throughout Connecticut.